Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inkjet printable fabric!



I may be a little late on this but, did you know that there are several companies out there selling fabric you can print on?  I posted a picture of C. Jenkins Miracle Fabric Sheets because it was one of the few printable cotton sheet products that I found, that had examples of use over the web (see a little lower) and were also washable after printing.

Here are two pictures I found of Miracle Fabric used on the Craft Chi blog.



A customized table cloth and


a pillow.


The only thing I can see there being a problem with is COLOR.  If you've ever tried printing a colored image from an inkjet printer on matte paper, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Inkjets work best with semi-gloss to glossy paper and anything else just looks flat and dull.  So just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't print colored photographs if I were you.  Things with flat colors and contrasts would probably work best.  The possibilities are endless!



Check out the sites and blogs below for other possible uses for fabrics:

handbags http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/

P.P. I'd like to thank Tenaria, Danny, Ian, and Janet for helping me meet 60% of my sponsorship goal for the Walk MS event happening April 19, 2009 in New York City.

more Walk MS info

No comments:

Post a Comment