Monday, March 30, 2009

Making an abstract square pattern

In one of my classes (right now) we are making fake chocolate companies, so I've been thinking of different packaging options and possible patterns. It occurs to me that I kind of promised to post some patterns here sometime, so this seems like the perfect opportunity.



Please forgive that the first step (the actual sketch) is missing. I don't have a scanner. The inspiration for this pattern is city lights and building windows.



I played around with the placement and direction of the squares until I found one that I liked. You don't have to do this digitally. You can do the same thing with tracing paper. I like to start off with black and white because if you begin a pattern using a billion colors it might not work.



I removed the squares because I've found that with some patterns, they aren't necessary.



I think it works.




These are some arbitrary colors just to test the pattern.


----------------------------------------

In other news, I'd like to thank Tenaria for sponsoring me in the Walk MS event and helping me reach 5% of my goal. If you are curious there is link below to one of my previous posts on it.

http://whoknowsgracesix.blogspot.com/2009/03/walk-ms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment